Saturday, July 28, 2018

Coronation Street Catch Up: the Frozen Leg Over edition

your one-stop update on what happened last week on Canada's Coronation Street...


Where was I last week, you ask?  I admit I skived off but frankly I'm also a little cheesed off at some of the desperate story lines these days.

Do we really need to stoop to stories of kids in peril (Jack and sepsis) or animals getting hurt (Eccles and the poisoned sausages)? I can't even watch the scenes with poor little Jack (who had his foot amputated) and Kevin.

Then there's Johnny Connor acting like a buffoon and trying to win custody of baby Susie because he's racked with grief over his dead son. He attends a mediation session with Eva but it looks like the baby will be staying with Eva for the time being, while Johnny rails at Jenny and tells Liz that his marriage to Jenny is over.

Toyah is upset that Peter stooped to stealing baby Susie's birth certificate and passed it on to Carla to show that Eva intended to give her baby away.

Over at the Websters, Sally got herself into trouble by helping a shady con man get council money for a phony charity. She resigns as mayor of Weatherfield.

Ches is falling for Gemma but not expressing his true feelings. Cathy and Brian decide to open a DIY store (little do they know that it's been done before by Sally and a former beau named Danny and failed).

Sean has fallen on hard times and has no place to stay although he seems to be hanging on to his job at the Rovers. Robert and Michelle get temporarily trapped in the Bistro's freezer (don't ask why).

Evil Kayla (spawn of Neil the bad copper) leaves the gas on in Craig's apartment and leads everyone to believe that Craig's OCD is responsible. Alya is trying to keep the factory afloat after Kirk and Beth's skulduggery.

And now a few lines from the week that was:

Sally ponders the image which will accompany her mayor scandal story
"I wonder which photo they're going to use of me"
(the bad one)

Johnny to Liz:
"I thought we had something"
(not really)

Mary to Shona:
"I think my toaster teacake is burning"
(that's not a euphemism)

***
Thanks for sticking with me and for coming back. Fair warning. I could be skiving again next weekend, but I'll try to check in before I leave. In the meantime, maybe we'll get some decent story lines to talk about. All the best. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment