Saturday, October 5, 2013

Coronation Street TGIF: the Weatherfield Pigeon Fanciers' edition

please note this post makes reference to the October 3 episode on CBC

It's LAK week on Coronation Street (Life After Karl). What's involved? The usual. Lots of drinking. Except of course for Hailey and Roy who continue to be brave and wonderful -- and tolerant of Karaoke.  Let's take a quick look back at the week that was with some memorable quotes:

Tommy to Tyrone who is holding a pigeon named after a female singing star:
"That's as close as you're going to get to handling Beyonce"
(Jay Z will be pleased to hear that)


Fiz to Hailey regarding the Street's premier gossip:
"I bet even Norris doesn't like being Norris"
(yes it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it)


Sally explains the Seine to Tim:
"It's a river in France"
(and, before you ask, France is a country separated from England by water)


Tyrone shares his secret desire with Fiz:
"I've been thinking of getting some pigeons"
(I've been thinking of the mess and noise)


Roy shares his musical preferences with Ryan:
"Modern music gives me a migraine"
(even the Insane Clown Posse?)


Roy is bitter about the Action Man figure he received as a child:
"It was factually inaccurate"
(yeah, his feet were way too big)


Tell us what you really wanted for your birthday, Roy?
"I set my heart on a formicarium"
(is that the glass thing that lets you watch while ants have sex?)


Roy again:
"I never got what my heart desired until I met Hailey"
(the formicarium doesn't even come close)


Mary is impressed by the quality of Hailey's silk blouse:
"Would it be an imposition if I asked for a feel?"
(and then afterwards I'd like to touch your blouse)


Eva to Jason regarding their impetuous lip lock:
"Jason, I don't think we should be doing this"
(what? copping off with your ma's ex? don't give it a second thought)


Hailey to Roy:
"The only thing that really matters is love"
(Amen)


***

Well, Connoisseurs of Corrie, so ends another week as everyone tries to put their respective life back on track after another killer exits the Street. Lots to look forward to next week including the legacy of Jack Duckworth, upheld gallantly by Tyrone who seeks to adopt a pigeon or two. He's off to a good start; he seems to be able to tell a male from a female. Thanks for stopping by and have a great week. Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Love your posts! You have an amazing knack for condensing a week of Corrie episodes in just a few well phrased sentences!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment and kind words. All the best

      Delete
  2. Any more thoughts on changing the name of the blog? Do you participate in Corrie Chatter on Facebook? A good place to find more readers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi and thanks for the comment. I think I'm going to stick with the current blog name for the time being but I think I will get on facebook and include a link to the blog. Thanks for the suggestion and all the best.

    ReplyDelete