Saturday, July 12, 2014

Coronation Street TGIF: the mushroom vol-au-vent edition

please note this post makes reference to the July 11 episode on CBC

If the highlight of the week is Gail offering to make mushroom vol-au-vents for Sally, then you know it's been a slow week on the street. Maria's back. Michael lost his job at the Garden Centre (aka The Gnome Depot - ed). Max is acting out in school (surprise, surprise - ed). Gary and Izzy are going through a 'rough patch' (estimated duration: forever - ed). Steve is melancholy. Leanne and Nick are not being nice to each other. Hmm. Oh well, let's soldier on with a few lines from the week that was:


Beth reminisces about her youth:
"I had a crochet bikini"
(Oh Lord! How will I ever get that image out of my head?)


Carla apologizes to the Underworld staff for her behaviour:
"I let my gob run away with me"
(that's right, blame it on your gob)


An aging Steve ponders the fact that he won't buy a motorcycle:
"Doubt I'd be able to get me leg over"
(We're still talking about the motorbike, right?)


Michelle tries to console Steve:
"40's just a number"
(still, a fairly substantial number) 


Steve is upset because he seems to resemble a Simpsons' character:
"Homer's my flippin' role model"
(Doh!)


Steve resolves to look on the bright side of 40:
"I'm going to search for the hero inside myself"
(if we don't hear back from you, we'll send a search party)


Todd tells Steve his excuse for skipping work
"I'm feeling rough as a badger's backside"
(so you're familiar the backside of a badger?)


Audrey is underwhelmed by Maria's gift from Cyprus:
"That will look lovely under my whatnot on the sideboard"
(translation: it'll get chucked into the ginnel on her way home)

***
Well, fellow Weatherfield watchers, so ends another week on the Street.  Hopefully things will pick up next week. Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment