Friday, May 29, 2009

you had me at 'Richard Hillman'

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the May 28th episode on CBC TV

It's been a long time since a suitor - who was not a serial killer - managed to put a warm, sunny smile on the face of Gail Platt. Now that the mysterious Mr McIntyre (Tina's dad) has popped out of the woodwork, maybe she has a new chance at romance with a regular 'Joe'. (stop with the corny jokes - ed)

I must admit, I'm a little surprised that Joe is diving into this courtship. After all, there are a few, tiny signs that this could be a high-risk adventure. Just look at his daughter's boyfriend, David. Now there's a nice, wholesome lad. Let's see, he drove his car into the canal, gave drugs to his young niece, pushed his mom down the stairs and committed perjury and blackmail. I wonder what Joe's take is on this? I guess it's something along the lines of 'Oh, I got into a bit of bother too when I was a lad.'

Fair enough, but even Gail herself has enough baggage to sink the Titanic. Can you imagine those first cozy dates with Joe? Wait till she recounts her past. After all, one of her ex's was killed in a knife fight outside a bar, another was a toy-boy nurse who became a sports mascot and her last beau arrranged for a nice drive/cruise vacation for her and the family. The only hitch was the cruise was in the canal, there was no boat and it was a one-way trip.

That's one hell of an ice-breaker, but I say 'good luck' to Gail - and to Joe too. They're going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment