Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My name is Peter and I'm a sexaholic

please note this post makes reference to the March 4 episode on CBC

Mea Culpa, fellow followers of Corrie. I have been AWOL for a few days and neglected to post my pithy potpourri of memorable lines on the weekend. My excuse? Hmm, I'm going to have to go with that 'I'm not perfect' thing. But let's move on.  I have returned and what do I find? Peter Barlow doing what he does best: playing away. Why is it that Peter is constantly compelled to sleep with two women at once?

There was Shelley the barmaid and Lucy the florist
There was Leanne and Carla
Now there's Carla and Tina.

Oh sure, you could say that Peter is one lucky lothario (just ask Lloyd and Steve who got a collective eyeful of Tina in a Sports Illustrated swimsuit pose). But is he really lucky? Or just a sick, maladjusted ex-sailor?

He only seems really happy when he's two-timing. Just look at the gleam in his eyes as he lies to Carla and keeps Tina hanging on. Oh sure, he'll promise the world but when push comes to shove, you know Peter just wants to have his cake and... well, you know the rest. He'll never leave Carla for Tina. He'll never have the bottle to be honest. He'll keep up the exhausting subterfuge until someone, somewhere calls him out - and then they'll be hell to pay.

(Oh and it's nice to see that Simon has recovered from the whole bullying thing)

***
a few parting lines from last week:


Amy to Rob:
"Gran thinks you should be neutered"
(is that covered by the National Health?)


Tracy's term for an empty Barlow house:
"Deirdre Free Zone"
(the DFZ)


Smooth Tony takes Liz's hand:
"I want to check your lifeline"
(Hmm. that could take a while)

4 comments:

  1. Glad to you have back in the saddle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comment. I'm glad to be back.

      Delete
  2. Watching Peter become pond scum is not enjoyable. There are far too many sleazy men on the street lately. The writers seem to be stuck on this one plotline. It's boring and off-putting. I'm finding that I 'm losing interest in the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. In talking to Corrie watchers, I do find that interest levels in the show tend to change dramatically depending on plot lines and characters. The two-timing Peter plot has been done a couple of times before so it's not surprising that it's wearing thin.

      Delete