Friday, June 25, 2010

TGIF June 25

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the June 24 episode on CBC

Well, the week ends with the intrepid 'Odd Squad' (Steve, Becky & Lloyd) trying their best to figure out how to deal with Hooch and clear Becky's name. In the meantime, make way for another editon of TGIF (Tony Gordon, it's Friday), a 'Whitman sampler' of some of the week's memorable lines. Read 'em and weep:

Sally prepares a special birthday dessert for Kevin:
"He’s always loved pavlova "

(Who's Pavlova? I thought he loved Molly)


Claire is tipsy and asking inappropriate questions at Kevin's party:
"Would you ever consider having a vasectomy, Tyrone?"
("depends whether or not I like the vase, I s'ppose, Sal")


Hayley expresses her intense dislike for DC Hooch:
"He’s a disgrace. I'd happily do unspeakable things "
(like refuse to 'top up' his coffee or serve him toast WITHOUT butter)


Becky takes issue when Steve compares her to a pet monkey:
"You saying my backside’s hairy?"
(Of course not, Steve's just a little bummed out)


Kevin pretending that he and Molly are discussing long distance running:
"You're gonna talk me into doing another half marathon"
(yeah, half marathon, half having-it-off)


Jack articulates his preferred after-dinner treat:
"I fancy roly-poly for me afters"
(At least wait until you move into her house)


Blanche hears that Simon saw Peter with his new ladyfriend:
"I heard you were caught in the in flagranti"
(Is that an Italian wine?)


Blanche again on the subject of Peter's prolific dating habits:
"Never mind a betting shop, it’s more like a knocking shop over there"
(don't knock it until you've tried it)


Roy decides to make a rare public display of affection for Becky:
"And now I’m going to do something that I rarely do in public"
(wear your underwear on the outside?)


Jack extols the virtues of Connie's large house:
"Even the pigeons have got their own room"
(great! I'd hate to think they were cooped up)


Tyrone thinks he would have cool nickname if he were a professional billiard player:
"Yeah, Typhoid Tyrone"
(hmm, his enthusiasm is certainly contagious)

***

That's it for the week, ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment