Friday, July 16, 2010

TGIF July 16

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the July 15 episode on CBC

Ah yes, another week, another catfight and another headlock for Rosie as she is unceremoniously 'curbed' by the tattooed Michelle. I'd like to see Rosie win a fight one of these days. I'd also like her to wise up to the fact that she's actually a part owner of Underworld and can exact her revenge on Luke Skivewalker through financial means -- rather than slagging and shagging. But that'e enough from me, let's get to TGIF (Tony Gordon, it's Friday), our weekly round-up of quips and one-liners from the week's episodes. Roll it:

Julie thinks Kelly is seeking any social occasion as a means for inebriation:
"You're just looking for an excuse to get bladdered"

(Since when do Underworld employees need an excuse?)


Kelly is exasperated by Rosie and wonders if Mr. Stape still has the keys to Gran's attic:
"Do you reckon when John gets out, he can kidnap her again?"
(His schedule seems to be wide open, when did you have in mind?)


Sean objects to Kelly standing so close as they eavesdrop on the factory floor:
"You're so close, I could actually impregnate you."
(the medical term is 'superficial insemination')


Kirk says 'farewell' in French:
"Our reservoir"
(..an expression used when saying goodbye to a large body of water)


Kelly after Rosie dumps a frozen coffee drink onto her dress:
"Does frappalatte come out of man made fibres?"
(Depends on the man)


Rosie bulls her way into Tina's shindig and grabs Michelle by the hair:
"Oh, I’m sorry. Did I get me expensive ring caught in your second hand wig?"
(I dunno, let me stop snoggin' Luke and check)


Teresa sees Darryl moping around the kebab shop:
"You've got a face on you longer than Celine Dion"
(and you know that his heart will go on...)


Roy Cropper giving Fiz some words of encouragement before her prison wedding:
"You've always brought light into our lives, Fiz, and I know you'll shine today"
(nice one, Roy)

***

That's it for the week. Hope you enjoyed your Corrie this week and thanks for the comments and for stopping by. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll get on my bike. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment