Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Postcards from the edge

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the April 6 episode on CBC

Poor Janice. Trevor is off to South Africa with the lovely, but stressed Carla. Destination? The 2010 World Cup (I wonder who'll win? - ed). The goal? To watch some goals. The plan? Get bladdered.  But Trev's not completely insensitive. After all, Janice is a good mate and Trevor has promised to send her a postcard. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he sends a few. .


Postcard  #1
Dear Jan,
Having a wicked time here in South Africa. Saw England play today. Bit shaky but not to worry. I'm sure they'll build momentum on their march to the finals. They've got these wonderful noisemaking thingys here. I think they're called Vuvuzelas. I love them! Carla loves the chardonnay. Wish you were here.
Trev  

Postcard #2
Dear Jan
Having an okay time here in South Africa. Saw England play today. Still not so great but not to worry. I'm sure they'll make it to the final. Those Vuvuzelas are a bit loud and they seem to get louder throughout the match. I guess I like them. Carla loves the chardonnay. Wish you were here.
Trev

Postcard #3
Dear Jan,
Having a lousy time here in South Africa. Saw England lose today to Germany! 4-1! They won't even make it to the quarter finals. Those bloody Vuvuzelas are really getting on my nerves. I hate them. Carla loves the Chardonnay. Wish I was there.
Trev.

No comments:

Post a Comment