Friday, June 17, 2011

Tony Gordon It's Friday: The Javier Edition

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the June 16 episode on CBC

Dear fellow Corrie lovers, it was red alert here at Corrie Central last night as I discovered that my state-of-the-art video recording technology (i.e the $50 Coby brand VCR with the 30-hour guarantee -ed) had failed to record my beloved Corrie. To make matters worse, my backup system (a comprehensive debrief from Judy at the Tim Hortons) was also unavailable (she's gone to Laval for the weekend - ed).  However, after much Googling and unwanted spyware, I finally found the episode online. Phew! Now I can faithfully do that thing I like to call TGIF, a round-up of some of the memorable lines from the week. Here goes:


Natasha compares fake pregnancy notes with Fiz:
"Do you feel frisky?"
(well, do ya', punk?)


Emily spots a mouse in her house and is horrified:
"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's mice"
(two things if you count Norris)


Mary scolds Norris for making fun of Emily's fear of mice:
"We all have our phobias, Norris, like your aversion to cotton wool... and commitment"
(What is it with men and co.. tton wool?)


Rosie tells her family about her phonetic problems:
"I can never pronounce Pomegranate"
(well, start with an easy fruit and work your way up. Can you say 'plum'?)


Eileen is bladdered and tries to coax Owen into her house:
"Do you fancy coming in for a nightcap or do you not wear them?"
(I don't get it)


Julie confesses her fears during Hailey's hen party:
"Did I mention I'm doomed to remain childless?"
(yes, in fact, I think it's on your business card)


Hailey tells Roy about a problem with the wedding music:
"The cello player's been arrested"
(maybe someone can pull some strings?)


Kylie insults Michelle:
"Your perfume, what's it called? Past It?"
(that's Pâstit by Givenchy)


Mary rebuffs an offer to join Hailey's hen party:
"While you are dancing the night away, I shall be tucking into a veritable feast of aquatic life"
(there's goes the ocean ecosystem)


Becky is wearing a nurse's uniform and a large button which says:
"Dr Bex"
(and believe me her services are not covered by medicare)

***
Well, ladies and gentlemen, that's it for another week. The low light of the week? Dev and Sunita's son in hospital with a serious injury. The highlight? Hailey doing a steamy, Latin dance with a man named Javier dressed as Zorro (the gay blade). Hope you enjoy the omnibus and thanks so much for dropping by here at Blanche's Polish Hip. All the best and have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment