Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Carla Connor's most famous speeches

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the October 31 episode on CBC

First, sincere apologies to faithful readers of TGIF. Like Becky Granger, I feel that I have let you (i.e. Dev & Sunita) down by stealing from you (i.e. not posting) while your shop was in ruins after the tram crash (i.e. was away skiving). But enough groveling. Let's focus on the stirring words of Carla Connor. What a marvelous orator (watch it! - ed).  What were her original, non-plagiarized words to the workers? Oh yes, "Ask not what Underworld can do for you, ask what you can do for Underworld."  It really gets your blood going doesn't it? (As does Carla - ed). Makes me wonder what other famous speeches, Ms. Connor takes credit for:

"Ech bin ein bin man" (I used to date a bin man named Trevor)

"Now this is not the end of my chardonnay. It is not even the beginning of the end of my chardonnay. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning of my chardonnay. The point is: I need more flamin' chardonnay!"

"Fourscore and seven days ago, a new Underworld was built dedicated to the proposition that all tea breaks are created equal"

"Mr. Armstrong, build up this wall!"

"Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that if Underworld and its skivers last for a thousand years, men will still say, ‘These were their finest knickers."

"I did not have sex with that woman, sorry I mean I did not have sex with Peter Barlow"

No comments:

Post a Comment