Thursday, April 26, 2012

I did a double take when I saw Napoleon Solo

please note: this post makes reference to the April 25 episode on CBC

Robert Vaughan in the Rovers?  The Man From Uncle is now the Man from Uncle, Milton? Oh my maiden aunt!

Yes, it looks like Sylvia Cropper's 'Man on Skype' is quite a dashing silver American fox. And he knows how to make an entrance too. Waltzed right into the Rovers and sang harmony on 'Ain't she sweet' as a happy Sylvia strummed her uke-banjo (by the way, did you know there was also a flute-banjo-ukulele hybrid instrument: It's called the Fluke-Banjo. Hello? Is this thing on?)

But I digress. Before you can say 'Yankee go home', Milton is buying the punters a drink, getting along swimmingly with Sylvia's son, Carl (until Roy shatters the illusion) and hankering for some five star dining at 'Chez les Rolls de Roy' (looks like Roy will have to shatter another illusion).

I know what you're thinking. Like every new man on the street, Milton must be too good to be true. He must be a scam artist, a flim flam man or a gigolo (only one way to test: put him in a room with Deirdre and see if they wind up in a lip lock - ed). You know, the type who loves 'em, fleeces 'em and leaves 'em. Well, I for one, am an eternal optimist. I prefer to believe that the Milton won't do a runner. I refuse to believe that the 'Man from Uncle' will turn into 'Oh Brother where art thou?'

Am I naive or just crazy?

Official Coronation Street Catfight Countdown Clock™
NUMBER OF ELAPSED DAYS WITHOUT A KNOCK DOWN, DRAG OUT FIGHT BETWEEN CARLA & LEANNE:
26

No comments:

Post a Comment