Tuesday, August 26, 2014

TGIF Coronation Street: the deadly bath bomb edition

please note: no spoilers were used in the preparation of this post

A funny thing happened on the weekend (you were skiving? - ed). I went out of town to spend a few sunny days in bucolic Laval at a summer cottage (La Belle Aisselle) and found, to my horror, no Internet connection. So I was unable to perform my weekly duties (too much info - ed). Thus TGIF is very late. Sorry for the inconvenience (on the contrary, everyone's relieved not to have to wade through your demented gibberish - ed). Anyhoo, here's a quick recap of some lines I seem to recall:

Ken can't believe Deirdre didn't mention Peter's problems while he was in Canada:
"How could you not tell me?"
(Perhaps Deirdre doesn't have a cheap long distance phone plan)


Deirdre can't stand any more of Ken's recriminations:
"Shut up, shut up, shut up!"
(I'm guessing she wants him to shut up?)


Kirk to Sinead:
"What do you do with bath bombs?"
(Shock and awe)


Chesney doesn't want any animals harmed in the name of bath products:
"I'm dead against animal testing. Let Beth try it"
(good news for Darryl the pet rat)


Peter tells Ken why he thinks Simon prefers the zoo over prison:
"Animals in captivity are more interesting than dads in captivity"
(but, in either case, please don't feed them)


Kylie is angry that Michael gave Max an ice cream cone:
"Stop selling your poison to my kids"
(It's like Breaking Bad all over again)


Jim 'The Landlord' McDonald meets Peter in prison:
"Welcome to the big house"
(My name is Jim and I'll be your sommelier for this evening - and the next 10 years)

***
As for ongoing stories, Yasmeen is trying to turn Roy's caf into a library, Andrea's ex is hanging around, Kirkie is waiting for the right moment to propose to Beth, and Peter has entered a not guilty plea. Rob is edgy and Todd is threatening to fire Gary unless Gary uses the cheapo building supplies instead of the good stuff. Let's see what unfolds this week. Cheers and thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment