please note this post makes reference to the August 18 episode on CBC
Ken, you shouldn't have. No, really, you shouldn't have. Now I love a wooden ruler as much as the next person (hey, that's no way to talk about Stephen Harper - ed). But really? A ruler made from all the different indigenous woods (except 'Tiger' - ed) of Canada? No wonder Simon was less than thrilled when Ken presented him with this alleged souvenir of Canada. Simon should count himself lucky. Ken was considering some other didactic Canadian mementos to bring back home.
1. Jigsaw Puzzle of a Canadian Mountie - reduced to $12.95 for quick sale. Please note some pieces may be missing (the jigsaw, not the Mountie)
2. A book of facts and figures about the CN Tower - $10.55
No pictures included. All facts in metric.
3. A box of paper clips made from various Canadian metals - $2.35
A magnificent metallic mosaic in every clip. Mostly aluminum (or 'aluminium' according to Ken).
4. An Ottawa snow globe - $8.25
Don't bother shaking it. It doesn't do anything. Made in China
5. Genuine piece of rock from the Canadian Rockies - $1.50
a geological marvel of layered sedimentary rock borne of mighty glaciers and an eternity of time. Autographed by Celine Dion.