Friday, September 10, 2010

TGIF Sept 10

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the Sept 9 episode on CBC

Hayley: Tony Gordon killed Liam
Factory girls: Liam Neeson, the accomplished Irish actor and star of Schindler's List, who was nominated for an Oscar and Golden Globe?
Hayley: No !
Factory Girls: Liam Gallagher, musician, songwriter and lead singer of English rock band, Oasis, whose fractious relationship with his brother was widely publicized?
Hayley: No !
Factory Girls: Baby Liam?
Hayley: No !
Factory Girls: We give up.
Hayley: Maria’s husband! How stupid are ya?

Ahem, here we go, some of the the more memorable lines of the week...

Accomplished non-swimmer, Roy, calls for assistance after Tony pushes him into the canal:
"Help! Help! "
(for God's sake stop Tony before he gives Roy mouth to mouth resuscitation)


Roy is amazed by the sight of bats at this time of year:
"The pipistrelle in November. It’s unheard of"
(like murdering someone on your stag night...)


Tony comes clean at the cop shop, albeit with an attitude:
" while I’m in a confessing mood, I threw someone in the canal tonight"
(...it's a little after-dinner ritual I have, really rounds out a nice evening walk)


Maria storms into the police station and confronts Tony:
"If there was any justice in this world, they'd hang ya! And I'd watch and I'd cheer. And then I'd dance on your grave!"
(so... can he call you later?)


Tony makes it clear that he's been watching Roy:
"I know you've got tea in your flask and cheese and tomato in your sandwiches. Am I right?"
(Nice work Kreskin. Now tell me whose underwear I'm wearing)


John Stape doesn't want to unduly disturb Roy's cafe routines:
"I wouldn’t want to discombobulate you"
(Yeah, that's Tony's job)


Tony tries to sweep aside murder accusations from the detectives with a jocular comment:
"I did murder 'Born to Run' in the shower this morning"
(does that mean Bruce Springsteen is in the canal too?)

 
Julie assures Eileen that there's no hanky-panky going on between her and Jesse:
"We were children’s entertainers, not lovers!"
(Hiyalowa... lower...lower)

***

Well, that's it for another wild week on the Street. Hope you enjoyed all the drama (and there's more to come when the Connor parents arrive). Till then , thanks for the nice comments, have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment