Friday, November 5, 2010

TGIF - Mary Taylor of Spain edition

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the Nov 4 episode on CBC

From Andalusia (thhhia, surely? - ed) to X-rated bus stops, it's been quite a week on the Street, albeit a sombre time for the Webster family as Sally undergoes surgery. Still, there is an abundance of good stuff for this week's edition of 'Tony Gordon, It's Friday' or TGIF, your one-stop source of memorable lines. Let's get this party started:

Molly makes this solemn commitment on the first anniversary of her marriage to Ty:
"I will be a good and loving wife for the whole year to come"
(..but after a year, all bets are off)


Rosie outlines her plans for the future:
"These breasts and this brain is my passport out of this dump"
(as I say, two out of three ain't bad)


Molly makes a tasty curry for Ty as an anniversary treat:
"I just don’t wanna get Rogan Josh on me frock"
(...well, then, make sure you stay away from him)


Mary reluctantly agrees to postpone her Spanish meal
"Well, I suppose I could save my manchego and chorizo for another time"
(I find that a cold shower helps)


Mary explains her choice of beverage at the Rovers:
"I chose it for its low alcohol content"
(are you talking about Norris or the Shandy?)


Norris notices that Mary goes a little cuckoo over the correct pronunciation of Andalusia:
"for a second there, you looked like Hannibal Lecter"
(hmm, I wonder if she serves fava beans in the camper van...)


Apparently, Mary had a torrid, relationship with a lemon grower:
"The lesions from the love bites have only just cleared up" 
(yikes! I guess Spanish really is the loving tongue... and teeth)


Sean pretends he doesn't know where Jesse's Smith and Wessons are:
"Guns don’t make people laugh, Jesse. People make people laugh"
(...but if things don't go well, guns can help)


Kelly has difficulty pronouncing the f-word:
"It’s not fur"
(It's not fair either)


***
Well, that's it for the week. It's been quite a few days on the Street and there were many, many good lines -- too many in fact given Rosie's nude photo, the return of Mary and the kid's birthday party at Dev's place. Have a great weekend and I will meet you back here at Blanche's Polish Hip next week. Thanks for stopping by and all the best!

1 comment:

  1. Just found the blog, and have to say, for its name alone, I'll visit often.

    ReplyDelete