Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tony Gordon It's Friday: the Stella(r) edition

no spoilers were used in the preparation of this post

Sorry for the prolonged absence dear colleagues of Corrie. I spent the last few days looking for a parking spot at Costco and then reselling it to a desperate young man with a Kia Sedona. Tis the season after all. But I digress. There's a new gal in town and her name is Stella. Looks, how you say, interesting. In other news, I have a question. If Sophie was considered to be too young and irresponsible to look after the doss house (er you mean shelter - ed) for one night and was blamed for a break-in, why is she now being offered a full time position? Something is a bit off there I think. Anyway off we go for a pre-Christmas TGIF. Ho ho ho!

Julie commiserates with Fiz over her bad fortune with a certain teacher:
"You've been Staped"
(and believe me it hurts)

David tells Graeme of his admiration:
"Graeme Proctor, stud of the parish"
(a window cleaner who is windex-rated)


Julie to Brian, man of her dreams:
"You touched something deep within me"
(please not just after I've eaten)


Rita tells the Indian aunties that Marcus is not the right man for Sunita:
"You need to get your gaydar sorted"
(Try the repair shop on Rosamund Street)


Kylie can't resist needling Tina over her loss of Graham to Xin:
"You dim sim, you lose sum"
(I think I saw that in a fortune cookie)


Julie goes on about her secret love for Brian:
"His agony must have been as deep as mine"
(but not as deep as mine)

Graeme winds up Norris saying that he plans to work in Beijing as:
"The only western window cleaner in the forbidden city"
(call it a meeting of cultures) 


Deirdre bores Tracy with pottery chat:
"I think I may glaze my next set of pots"
(I'll alert the media)

 
Steve briefs Stella about senior barmad Betty Turpin:
"She must be older than the building"
(wait till you see her hot pots)
 
***
 
Well, fellow lovers of Corrie, that's it for another week. Enjoy the big celebration (I'm talking about the omnibus not that other seasonal event). All the best. Peace, joy and a nice G & T to all. See you soon here at the hip where every day must be Christmas because we eat and drink too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment