Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tony Gordon It's Friday: the Tasmanian devil edition

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the January 5 episode on CBC

Happy New Year! What's that you say? Where the hell have you been? (your skiving makes David Platt look like Richard Branson - ed). Fair Comment. I was ingesting Christmas pudding (ahem, I believe you mean 'holiday pudding' - ed) when someone tried to set it on fire. Needless to say the trauma necessitated extended rest and relaxation in a darkened room. But enough about me. Let's talk about Corrie.

The good news? Amber is back. Yay. The bad news? I still need subtitles to understand what Sophie and Sian are on about. But that's okay. The gist is that Kevin's neck veins are bulging out like gristle in a hotpot. That's all we need to know. The question is: what about James? What does he really know about the charity scam?Is Leanne pregnant? Will she let Stella babysit? Only time will tell.

So, let's get to it. And by 'it' I mean the first TGIF of 2012. Let's roll:

Gail summarizes Kylie:
"A Tasmanian devil in a push-up bra"
(the devil made her do it)


Norris is sniffing around for some gossip from Peter:
"I hear trouble is afoot in the Barlow household"
(that's not exactly news)


Deirdre gets a smashing birthday gift from Simon and his parents:
"It's a book on pottery"
(how to stop doing it, I hope)


Gail tells Audrey what she thinks:
"From what I've seen of Mark, he's a real gentleman"
(you don't know the half of it)


Audrey tells David that he has set the bar low with Kylie:
"Just because you chose a creature from the black lagoon, doesn't mean we all will"
(Black Lagoon? Is that the new singles bar down by the canal?)


Kylie clarifies her role as David's wife:
"I can cook. I just choose not to"
(and mankind thanks you for it)

***

Well, that's about it for this week. I hope you had a good holiday and I look forward to watching some quality Corrie in the New Year. Let's see if Stella and her crew can bring some new and interesting stories to the Street in 2012. Cheers and have a great weekend. Meet you back here next week for more Hip.

No comments:

Post a Comment