I confess that I didn't see Tuesday night's episode. But don't worry. I've got it stored in my state-of-the-art digital video recorder (you mean wax cylinders - ed) and will have a glorious two-hour festival of Corrie tonight (that will require a lot of hob nobs and lager - ed). Sorry Peter Mansbridge but you've been preempted this evening by Sunita and Karl (a warning: some viewers may find these images disturbing - ed).
But I digress.
I was intrigued to hear Stella ask Dev his opinion of her hot pot on a scale of one to ten (Dev gave it a seven). It made me wonder about a hot pot scale and what it would look like...
HOT POT RATING SCALE
1. Betty would be proud
2. Needs a soupcon of stout
3. Gristle is a little too chewy
4. Too many nutritious vegetables
5. Three stars from the Michelin Guide (the tire company, not the restaurant guide)
6. Needs seasoning: try adding a bag of pork scratchings.
7. Gravy shouldn't be same colour - or consistency - as the canal
8. Needs a bucket of stout
9. Flaming Nora! There's something moving in there and it looks like Colin Fishwick!
10. Even Eccles won't touch it