Friday, August 10, 2012

Tony Gordon It's Friday: the Olympic apologizing edition

please note: this post makes reference to the Aug 9 episode on CBC

Ho hum. Another day, another threatening letter from the IOC. Apparently we are not allowed to use the word 'apologizing'  as it is reserved for disgraced badminton teams. Well, we'll let our lawyers (Slingya, Hook & Bard) sort out all the legal stuff, our focus is on Tony Gordon It's Friday, your weekly compendium of memorable lines of the week along with pithy commentary. On your mark, set...


Eva asks Stella about her past spa treatments:
"Have you ever been baked in salt?"
 (No but someone spilled a Dr. Pepper on me once)


Stella tells Leanne about the balloon animals she's seen:
"I once saw a fella do an orangutan"
(...then he made an animal out of a balloon)


Peter boasts to Carla before the sack race:
"You know what they called me in the navy?"
(yes but we can't repeat it in a family blog)


Eileen tells Lloyd that it's Tracy who has ruined his cab firm:
"She's the enemy within"
(and the enemy without, for that matter)


Deirdre confides in Stella her deepest fear:
"I'm not really that fond of clowns"
(too late. They're already here)


Nick objects to Gail's opinion of Leanne
"Battersby is not a swear word"
 (I think Nick is full of...um... Battersby)


Mary states her preference in men to Roy:
"I like a man you can hang your hat on"
(try dating a coat rack)


Mary offers dancing advice to Hailey:
"Try and avoid Norris' bunions"
(you'll need a GPS)


Mary again recounts her chess evening to Hailey:
"I'm afraid I mated your husband... twice"
(and she did it using a chess clock)


Leanne has had enough of Peter's excuses: 
"If apologizing was an Olympic sport..."
(... you could add another gold medal to the UK total)



Peter insists that getting back together with Leanne is a brilliant plan:
"Sometimes you have your best idea when you have a drink"
(that means Peter is Albert Einstein... or Einstein was bladdered)


Leanne is not impressed by Peter's offer:
"I wouldn't touch you with a barge pole"
(a barge pole probably wouldn't touch Peter either)


Marcus tells Maria what happened at the apartment: 
"I just walked in on Kirk in the shower"
(quick get a trauma team over here, stat!)

****

Well, Corriephiles of Canada, that's it for another week. I have stopped putting in plot summaries at the beginning of the posts because I'm... well.. a skiver. However if you find them useful, let me know and I'll try to include them when I can. Thanks for stopping by, for reading and for your comments. Have a great weekend, enjoy the omnibus and be sure to meet me back here next week for more of the Hip. Cheers!













No comments:

Post a Comment