Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Ballad of Gail Platt (with apologies to The Proclaimers)

please note this post makes reference to the Feb 6 episode on CBC

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the song, "500 Jars" (the ballad of Gail Platt) - with sincere apologies to The Proclaimers. I think you know how it goes....

When I wake up, I know I'm gonna be, I'm going to be the Mom who really loves her son
When I go out, yeah I know I'm going to be the mom who helps her darling Nicky get things done

At the Bistro, when I'm working, I'm gonna make sure Nicky's business is improved
When I phone up, the supplier, I'm gonna order olives with the pits removed

chorus:

And I would buy 500 jars
Yes I would buy 500 more
Oops it looks like there are many, jars arriving at your door

(tadalalala tadalalala tadalalala tadalalalalalala)

No comments:

Post a Comment