Saturday, September 14, 2013

Coronation Street TGIF: the Tez edition

please note this post makes reference to the Sept 13 episode on CBC

What a fine specimen of English manhood Tez is! Ladies, feast your eyes on this handsome hunk of male splendour. I don't think I've ever seen anyone look so good with a toothpick wedged in his teeth. Karl certainly is lucky to have Tez as his best man. But let's not dwell on Tez, let's look back at a few of the memorable lines in this week's edition of Coronation Street TGIF. Off we go:

Beth's observation while attending Sally's garden party:
"The only crime a party can commit is to be boring"
(just wait till the catfight erupts between Sally and Anna)


Sophie tells Jenna she takes a dim view of her mom's social life:
"She's 46. She needs to stop enjoying herself"
(I stopped when I turned 31)


Gloria explains to Stella why Karl and Tez returned early from from playing snooker:
"They couldn't get their balls in the thingamajig"
(and they couldn't play snooker either)


Stella is annoyed by Karl's impatience regarding the wedding:
"Sorry Nick being in a coma is cramping your social life"
(yeah, that Nick is so inconsiderate)


Kirk is particular about the kind of spaghetti he buys:
"Pastas are like women"
(they both need a good soak in a nice hot bath before dinner is ready)


David tells Audrey to leave Lily and return to the salon:
"You've got to cut and blow in 10 minutes"
(whether there's a customer there or not)


Tez raises a toast to Karl the groom:
"I am honoured to be this guy's best man"
(you better be or Karl will kill you)


Karl threatens Jason:
"Trust me mate, you have no idea what I'm capable of"
(given your record of skiving, up until recently, I would have said 'nothing')


Tez is upset that Karl and Jason came to blows in the Rovers' toilet:
"A fight in the bogs and I missed it"
(and it wasn't even available on pay-per-view)


Karl threatens Jason again:
"You cross me again and you're a dead man. I will kill you"
(don't mince words, Karl. Say what you mean)


Karl doesn't care what Stella wears on her wedding day:
"She could wear a frock made out of bar towels"
(the way things are going, she probably will)


Leanne tells Karl that she will have the wedding reception at the Bistro but doesn't want Karl to say anything:
"That's one good thing about your dodgy past; at least you can keep a secret"
(that's one way of looking at it I suppose)

***
Well, fellow fans, it was quite a week on the Street what with the Battle of the Barbecues, Karl's continuing evilness, Hailey's major (operation and the new baby Platt. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Hailey (and I am reserving one other digit for Karl). In the meantime, have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by. I'll meet you here next week on what promises to be an exciting week of Corrie. Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment