Saturday, November 9, 2013

Coronation Street TGIF: The most boring cow in the world edition

please note this post makes reference to the November 7 episode on CBC

Well, as they say in Oshawa, plus ca change.... Tina is back to her old form, rebounding from the 'sudden' disappearance of Tommy by starting yet another vendetta. This time with Tracy. Stroppy, thy name is Tina. Dennis embarrasses himself and Rita by pawning her ring. Roy and Hailey soldier on. And (I can't believe I'm saying this), Peter Barlow seems to have his eye on Tina! Whatever that guy's got, they should bottle it and sell it! (I think it's orange juice - ed). Well, anyway, a few memorable lines from the week.

Roy criticizes Beth for her lack of tact:
"Is there ever an occasion where you don't open your mouth before thinking?"
(Christmas and Easter I believe)


Liz offers her opinion of men:
"They're weak, they're daft, they're thoughtless"
(and they're often in jail, so they are)


Tracy to Tina and Dennis:
"I love my job"
(good, now if we could just figure out what it is)


Beth complements Liz on her appearance:
"I hope I'm still fabulous when I'm your age"
(Compliments like that will get you barred)


Beth again:
"I love a challenge manwise"
(that's why you're with Kirkwise)


Sally insists on making a salade Nicoise for ungrateful Tim:
"Man cannot live on pie alone"
(he also needs chips and mushy peas)


Tina reports David's impressions of sex with Tracy to Tracy and Rob:
"said he had more fun in a post office queue"
(and a shorter wait time too)


Tracy suggests Tina may have a rental property available:
"She's got a womb for rent"
(Isn't that a line from 'The Vagina Monologues'?)


Rob shares his motto with Tracy
"Food first, fun later"
(well, I guess it's better than 'Semper Ubi, Sub Ubi')


Tina again to Tracy and Rob:
"You're a jail bird and you're a convicted murderer"
(it's a match.com dream come true)

***
Well, fellow Corriephiles, the end of another week brings the prospect of a major league cat fight between Tina and Tracy. I don't like where this is going (yes you do - ed). On the plus side, Tim is back with Sally. And it looks like Lesbian romance has taken a turn for the worse as Jenna and Sophie break up (although I confess I'm having a tough time maintaining interest in that story line). Ah well, let's see what happens next week. Nice to have Liz back though. Have a great weekend and I'll meet you back here next week. Thanks so much for stopping by. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment