Friday, February 7, 2014

Coronation Street TGIF: the quadrennial non-summer sporting event edition

please note this post makes reference to the February 6 episode on CBC

We wanted to call this post something else but the IOC's  stringent copyright rules prevent us from referring  to those wintery sporty events by their heavily trademarked name. Fortunately, our lawyers (Slingya, Hook & Barred Plc) have provided us with a helpful guide which states that any word containing the letters O, L, Y, M, P, I or C are not allowed. In addition, any two of the words in list A below; or, any word in list A with one or more words in list B are not allowed:

List A:  Two Thousand and Fourteen; 2014; Twenty-Fourteen; Skinful; Putin; Shirtless

List B: Sochi; Medals; Sponsors; Winter; Gold; Silver; Bronze; Legover

Now, a few lines from the week:

Gloria urges Rita not to stifle Dennis' ambition:
"If you suppress a man's passion in one place, it pops up it another"
(hopefully not in public)


Deirdre states her music preference:
"I always liked Johnny Cash. I think it was the deep voice."
(or maybe the belts?)


Sean raises a toast in the Rovers:
"Hayley Cropper, we salute you"
(Amen)


and finally a few lines from Hayley to Roy which require no comment:
"You'll be my eyes, my ears, my heart for years to come"
"Some things just don't stop - you and me is one of them."
"I'm so lucky. I know what it is to be loved, truly loved."


***

Well that's it for a five-Kleenex week (and I'm not talking about Peter Mansbridge's sombre musings from the Black Sea coast). Don't forget that Corrie is being moved to 6:30 pm (Eastern) for the duration of the you-know-whats. As usual, the amazing Tvor at Bluenose Corrie Blogger has all the details regarding times and regions across Canada (and much, more more for diehard Corrie fans) - but do check your local listings and Sunday omnibus watchers: take note - the omnibus is not being broadcast for the next few weeks.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll meet you back here next week. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment