Saturday, August 9, 2014

Coronation Street TGIF: the Best Rockery in Weatherfield edition

note this post makes reference to the August 8 episode on CBC

Norris is in a lather because he thinks Dennis is conning Rita into taking him back. Owen is officially bankrupt and now it seems Faye has Twitter problems. Andrea seems to be slinging her hook after two-timing Lloyd. The Battle Royale between Leanne and Nick continues. Yasmeen the Librarian seems to be turning into Conan the Barbarian and proposing an illegal sit-in to stop the library closing. And, of course, Gail and Michael are chumming around in an ice cream van (don't ask - ed) and discussing "99s" (really, don't ask - ed).

Onward with a few lines from the week that was:

Yasmeen tells Roy about the relative hardships of giving up bread pudding and sex during Ramadan
"Quite frankly, I'd rather have the bread pudding"
(I'm sure Sharif will be happy to hear that)


Audrey congratulates Michael on his horticultural endeavours:
"Gail tells me you're working wonders on her front garden"
(I hope that's not a euphemism)


Nick to Gail:
"You embarrass yourself on a weekly basis"
(at least she's reliable)


Michael to Gail:
"I'm going to build you the best rockery in Weatherfield"
(I hope that's not another euphemism)


Neil thinks Andrea was having an affair with Steve and is incredulous:
"Is this what you left me for?"
(now that would be hard to believe)


Nick is adamant about not giving up the Bistro to Leanne:
"She's getting this place over my dead body"
(in that case, you better call David)


Lloyd to Andrea:
"You broke my heart"
(...and Neil's)


Julie gets soaked while Michael is washing his ice cream van:
"Next time could you mind where you point your hose"
(This one's too easy. Make up your own joke)

***

Well, Corrie Cohorts, so ends another week. Peter remains in jail and Ken is unaware of what's going on the other side of the Atlantic (Hey, welcome to Canada - ed). Tracy must have pawned her moral compass since she sees nothing wrong in selling Uncle Albert's medal.  Let's see what transpires next week. But Corrie, you're saying, what about Neil's hilarious lines when he thought that Andrea was having it off with Steve?  Don't worry, I've got that covered in a special edition of TGIF which I'll post tomorrow. So stay tuned. Have great week and thanks for stopping by. Cheers!   

2 comments:

  1. A lot of good lines this week. I think I'm really going to like Yasmeen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I agree, Yasmeen could turn out to be a good character and I like the social activism storyline. I only wish they would bring Geoffrey 'Spider' Nugent back (Emily's nephew). He would really add some spice to the story. All the best!

      Delete