Sunday, December 31, 2017

Coronation Street Catch-Up: the many trials of Anna Windass edition

a look back at last week on Canada's Coronation Street... 

You can tell it's Christmas because the Corrie writers clearly overdosed on eggnog while concocting this never-ending Anna Windass tale of woe story line.

I mean, really? She's being framed by Phelan, charged for assault, thrown into solitary, drugged by the prison screws, escapes from a hospital, hides at Roy's, tries to clear her name over the phone, conks Eileen over the head and gets re-arrested with more charges.

I'm surprised she didn't run over Santa Claus during her getaway.

I mean, how much more is she supposed to take? More to the point, how much more can we take?

In other developments, Robert is told that his removed testicle was cancerous. That's good news. Not so good is the fact that Michelle is faking a robbery to claim insurance money to deal with the aftermath of Robert's gambling debts.

Daniel is trying to outsmart Chesney in the battle for Sinead's affections. Fiz has to go away to look after her ailing Mom leaving Ty and the kids at Christmas.

Gary is trying to get back together with Sarah. Leanne is trying online dating. Billy is trying a little matchmaking between Adam and Eva. The female contingent at the Rovers is well impressed with the new fit lodger, Chris.

And now for a few lines from the week that was:

Gary wants to know what Anna intends to do on the lam:
"What's the plan?"
(get arrested again, I would expect)

Over Adam's objections, Aidan gets in his face:
"I'll put my finger where I like"
(I've got a few ideas)

Toyah is fascinated by Chris, the new lodger:
"So you actually climbed Kilimanjaro?"
(well, he actually took an Uber)
***
Well, Christmas Cobbleros, so ends another week and another year of Corrie. 

I have returned to Corrie Central after a few days off and am preparing myself for a week of hour-long Corrie episodes on CBC starting on Tuesday from 7 pm to 8 pm (Eastern). Do check your local listings and I wish you all the best for 2018. 

Let's hope for interesting, funny and engaging stories and characters this year.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment