Thursday, February 25, 2010

Letter perfect

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the Feb 24 episode on CBC

I wonder what Ken wrote in his letter to Deirdre? Maybe it went something like this...

Dear Deirdre (please note alliteration),

I believe it was Marcel Proust who once wrote that 'as long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost'. Precisely! In other words, I have recently become victim of what you might call an aquatic imbroglio thanks to a sexy sailing sea siren who has left me no choice but to assess my current domestic arrangements. This wonderful water woman is to be found somewhere on the mystical waters (turn left at the canal, third boat down, can't miss it).

Please, Deirdre, don't be narrow-minded about this narrrow boat. You see, Deirdre, Martha (the nautical nymph in question) has bewitched me with a combination of pinot noir, film noir and pudding noir (aka black pudding, delish). She is an intellectual, a thespian (not what you think) and a library card holder. Of course, she cannot compare with you and your deep, deep, baritone laugh, your nicotine breath and your charmingly caustic mother. But, regardless, I fear I must follow my heart and my heart says: cast off matey and ahoy Captain Eyeliner.

Farewell my love,

Ken (Barlow)

PS. Have canceled my papers

PPS. Letter void if signatory returns within 90 days

No comments:

Post a Comment