Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bill's broken 'helicopter'

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the May 3 episode on CBC

Studly Bill Webster is on the prowl looking for female company (quick, hide - ed). He's all fixed up to meet a blonde businesswoman (a local sandwich mogul - ed) but decides to cancel at the last minute. He phones his mystery date, (Molly pretending to be Pam) with the bad news to which Molly (pretending to be Pam) says: "well I’m terribly sorry to hear about your broken helicopter."

Well, you can't just let a line like that sit there by itself. So, here are my seven best (ie worst - ed) add-on lines which could follow the phrase.

Cue the line one more time:

"Well I’m terribly sorry to hear about your broken helicopter...

...but that doesn't mean you don't have a nice set of choppers."

...but I can quite understand how that would prevent you from rising to the occasion."

...but I suppose it's better to air on the side of caution."

... so why don't we just cuddle instead?"

....but I can see how that might prevent you from getting in a vertical position."

... there's nothing worse than dysfunctional equipment when you're trying to get off."

... why don't let me know when your rotors are working again and we can go for a spin."

No comments:

Post a Comment