Friday, August 13, 2010

TGIF August 13

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the August 12 episode on CBC

Dear Reader(s), I make it a habit of not offering advice but, in this case, I am forced to make an exception. If you are EVER tempted to have a secret, sordid affair, or a legover liaison or something of this ilk, please choose your rendezvous vehicle with care. You might want to use a sleek, black sedan (very discreet) or perhaps a maroon SUV (handy all-wheel drive) or even a dark green mini-van (very versatile and innocuous) but, please, please don't ever use a HONKIN' BIG TOW TRUCK. Just a thought

Anyway, enough of that, let's enjoy another 'Tony Gordon, It's Friday' or TGIF, the regular award-winning feature which offers a round-up of some memorable lines of the week. Take it away:


Julie sounds the alarm to Tony about trouble at the factory:
"It’s Rosie. She’s locked herself in the office. She won’t come out."

(So what exactly is the problem?)

Gail summarizes the benefits of her partner's new project:
"It’s a good investment and it keeps Joe out of mischief"
(A prison timeshare?)


Kirk clears up a longstanding mystery:
"When I got christened, I were wriggling that much, the vicar dropped me straight on me head"
(No comment from Audrey... or me)


Jimmy tells Tony that their 'business' relationship is over:
"I've done all the killing I’m doing for you"
(and your 'free evenings and weekends' deal has expired too)


Tony gets all misty and nostalgic about Carla:
"I couldn’t harm a hair on her head"
(...but that towel turban thingy she's wearing, that's another story)


Vicar at Liam Jr 's christening asks a thorny question... at least from Tony's perspective:
"Therefore I ask, do you reject the devil and all rebellion against God?"
(...hmm, can he get back to you on that?)

Carla asks Tony about Jimmy's head injury:
"Is he bleeding on the rug?"
(ooh I hear it's impossible to get those stains out)

Kevin professes his smoldering passion for Molly:
"It’s torture all weekend knowing you're just 32 metres away"
(42 metres if you count the detour he has to make around Joe's boat)


***

Well, that's it for another week. Thank you kindly for your comments. I hope you have a great weekend and I look forward to you stopping by next week for more of the Hip. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. I believe that should be "please don't ever use a HONKIN' BIG" BRIGHT ORANGE "TOW TRUCK".

    ReplyDelete