Friday, February 25, 2011

Tony Gordon, It's Friday - Portugal edition

So Norris escapes from the Moors and the Barlows are off to Portugal to find out more about the mysterious Arnold. Could it be Arnold from 'Happy Days' or maybe Tom Arnold? No matter, I'm sure Blanche's paramour is unique. With that in mind, please fasten your seat belts and prepare for take off as 'Tony Gordon, It's Friday' or TGIF takes flight for another round-up of memorable lines:

Graeme tells David what Natasha spelled backwards is:
"Ah satan"
(Ahem)


Graeme tells David what Rosie spelled backwards is:
"Ei sor"
(I sorrier)


Deirdre tells Liz about her good fortune:
"I've been quite lucky with cellulite really"
(Haven't we all - and I've got the thighs to prove it)


Mary seeks Norris help with a contest entry 
"Would you rather be buried alive or bleed to death, Norris?"
(both those options look better than a Yorkshire cottage vacation with Mary)


Liz is concerned that the Barlow don't have adequate liquor for the party:
"I’m not sure we're gonna have enough booze, Deirdre"
(but is there ever really enough on Coronation Street?)


 Blanche's friend, May, tells Deirdre she looks like her Mom:
"It’s like looking at her corpse"
(keep the compliments coming!)


May reveals to Deirdre that Blanche had other 'fish' to fry in Portugal:
"A fish called Arnold"
(I always thought it was 'Wanda')


Mary catches Norris in her bedroom:
"Norris, are you trying to sneak a peek at my smalls?"
(Hmm, an oxymoron I would think... kinda like 'jumbo shrimp)


A frantic Norris confronts Mary:
"You've sabotaged the motorhome, you've cut off all telephone communication apart from your own. You've put poison in me food. You've broken me glasses, you've stolen me laces"
(...and those were the good parts of the vacation!).

***
well, fellow Corrie lovers, that's it for the week. Thanks for the comments. Always nice to hear from you. Have a great weekend and enjoy the omnibus. See you here next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment