Wednesday, August 3, 2011

With apologies to Neil Diamond...

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the August 2 episode on CBC

Well, gang, you know it's a slow week when the highlight to date is Julie and Brian reprising the Neil Diamond/Barbra Streisand classic song, 'You don't bring me flowers'. And I think you know what this means. We here at Blanche's Polish Hip have no choice but to present the extended play version of Julie and Brian's stellar performance, live from a booth at the Rovers Return. Cue the music:

Julie
You work in a warehouse
You seem to like Neil Diamond

Brian
You dropped your groceries on the floor
So I tried to get a box to pack your stuff away...

Julie
I admit I couldn't wait to meet you
sit here in the Rovers
Now Fiz and John are barging in

Brian
I'll get rid of them babe
we'll go out for a meal

Julie
Then we'll play my CD and turn out the light...
And we won't pay attention to the Stapes anymore

Brian
We won't pay attention to the Fishwicks (I mean Stapes, wink, wink) anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment