please note: this post makes reference to the Feb 14 episode on CBC
Now that Frank "the vole" Foster is showing his true colours, it seems like an opportune moment to refer to what I like to call the Coronation Street Psychopath test or CSP. Grab a pencil and paper.
1. Do you flash your dosh around and drive a fancy motor?
2. Are you now, or have you ever been, involved in the management of Underworld?
3. Are you, or were you ever, Charlie Stubbs?
4. Do you have an unhealthy, obsessive, possessive relationship with Carla Connor (or, in the case of Richard Hillman, Gail Platt or, in the case of Maya, Dev Allahan)?
5.Are you an in impulsive person who would try to: drown Roy Cropper, jump Maria, blow up Sunita with a gas stove or drive a van filled with Platts into the canal?
6. Are you cunning and manipulative? (Not in the skiving Eddie Windass or Jack Duckworth way but in the 'break-out of-jail and set Underworld on fire' way)
7.Do you lack empathy for other people, Norris or endangered bats? (actually, lack of empathy for Norris is more of a sign that you're not a psychopath)
8. Do you fail to accept responsibility for your actions and blame other people... like women, Liam and Peter Barlow?
9. Do you commit criminal offenses and rationalize your actions, sometimes with poetry? (Where is John Stape anyway?)
If you replied "yes" to any 6 or more of these questions, you could be a Coronation Street psychopath. Consider yourself under arrest... and barred from the Rovers.