Friday, August 17, 2012

Tony Gordon It's Friday: the Karl's got some 'splaining to do edition

please note: this post makes reference to the August 16 episode on CBC

Unless Karl is putting on some kind of full body Latin dance exhibition, he's got some serious explaining to do. And, another thing, does everyone who goes to 'uni' have to get kicked out? Can't someone just once complete their degree, come home and get a nice-paying job in a mid-sized manufacturing company in Manchester?

I guess not. Oh well, let's get to it and tackle some of the more memorable lines of the week in a little something we like to call TGIF. Let's start:

Kirk sums up his personality:
"I'm a people person and a dog person"
(and if that dog happens to look like a person, so much the better)


Peter tries to explain his behaviour to Carla:
"I was in a black hole"
(you mean the flat above the bookies?)


Mary shares her passion for music with Roy:
"Sir Edward Elgar has touched parts of me that no other man can reach"
(That sounds x-rated and painful)


Mary again while eating a sandwich during a chess match: 
"I've dropped some piccalilli on your bishop"
(That also sounds x-rated and painful)


Rob welcomes Eva to Underworld:
"I'm a very hands-on employer" 
(I'm sure Beth will be pleased to know that)


Roy tells Mary about his unique record collection:
"I've got all three volumes of the sound of steam"
(not to mention his bootleg tapes)


Eva criticizes Julie's teaching ability:
"You couldn't train a monkey to scratch itself"
(hey, that's no way to talk about Brian)


Rita repeats Dennis' honeymoon catch phrase:
"An adventure wrapped up in a dream"
(Is that anything like mutton dressed up as lamb?)


Eva explains her risque outfit to Rob:
"My mom says this top brings my eyes out" 
(well, it certainly brings something out)


Sunita isn't as happy as Dev about their wedding:
"He's on cloud nine and I'm in hell"
(maybe you can commute?)


Stella gets snarky with Karl:
"If I wanted your opinion, I'd dial Rent an Idiot"
(careful, they might put you through to Steve McDonald)


Mary is thrilled by the Elgar concert:
"I don't think I've ever been so moved by a wind section"
(no comment)


***
Well, fellow Street watchers, it's almost the end of another wild week on the Street. We have new characters, a lot of legovers and we're probably due for a catfight or two to round out the week  Who could ask for anything more? Thanks for stopping by and I'll meet you back here next week for more of the Hip. Cheers!.

No comments:

Post a Comment