Friday, May 31, 2013

Tony Gordon It's Friday: the St John Cropper edition

please note this post makes reference to the May 30 episode on CBC

I am so sorry that we never got to meet Roy's father. My expectations were building and I must admit I was trying to imagine what he might be like (a cross between Dumbledore and Lord Grantham? - ed) But, sadly, St John Cropper seems to have come a.. well .. cropper. He has moved on to that Great Railway Station in the sky (Clapham Junction? - ed) and we are left to ponder what might have been.. oh yes and also this week's 'Tony Gordon It's Friday ' or TGIF.

Karl reassures Stella that their relationship is rock solid:
"We're a team"
(headed for relegation I would think)


David asks Leanne and Nick to be godparents:
"I want these two to be a big part of our lives"
(don't worry. Nick already is)


Sylvia takes a dim view of New Zealand:
"Apart from the lamb and The Hobbit what's it got?"
(Russell Crowe?)


Leanne is tired of everyone thinking she should bail out Stella:
"I don't know why everyone thinks I'm a cash cow"
(well, they're half right)


Sylvia tells of her brush with greatness:
"I once met Ken Dodd in a cemetery"
 (if you remember Ken Dodd, that's quite funny)


Sylvia is rudely awakened by Roy:
"I just stubbed my toe on the tall boy"
(well, you shouldn't have let him spend the night in your room)


Gloria encourages Owen to accept her offer:
"Do you really want to be the fella who closes down the Rovers?"
(yeah, it's kinda like being the man who shot Liberty Valance)

***

Well, fellow followers of Corrie, looks like another week on the Street ends with more than a few secrets under wraps... for now. Will David find out about Nick and Kylie?  Will Izzy find out about Gary trying it on with Tina? Will Faye find out that Anna is financially propping up her Dad? Will Karl continue to live with his conscience?  Will Coronation Street continue to be seen at 6:30 p.m. in the East? (Yes to the last question but please check your local listings for the correct broadcast time in your area).. Cheers and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment