Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Coronation Street Catch-Up: the 'what the frig happened while I was away?' edition

keeping tabs on Canada's Coronation Street

First and foremost, my apologies to the millions of Blanche's Polish Hip followers out there (well maybe not millions but certainly enough to fit comfortably into a Toyota Yaris). I have been away skiving for the past two weeks and thought I could binge watch the past 10 episodes comfortably and report back to you last weekend, as is my quaint habit.

This won't take long, I thought, as I skimmed through the first recorded episode. What could possibly happen? Rita will sell some liquorice allsorts to someone, Michelle will pull a pint, Gail will give us a pout or two, David will do one of his award-winning perms at Audrey's Salon - or kill someone - whichever comes first. It will be Corrie business as usual.

How was I to know that it would all kick off while I was away?

Anyway, all this to say that I have just finished watching the Carla/Nick wedding fiasco (which makes the Hindenburg Disaster look like a party by comparison) and witnessed the subsequent carnage (no, not Beth's make-up routine) of vehicular mayhem on the Street. BTW, Carla has been in more violent motor vehicle mishaps than Mad Max.

And, of course, the Platts are now centre stage for what's coming. After all, when Audrey says, "I don't think things could possibly get worse for this family", you know that it won't be long before Gail marries a serial killer or something similarly gruesome happens.

My binge watch continues. I'll report back as events warrant and will revert to regularly scheduled updates this weekend.

Thanks and all the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment