Saturday, November 19, 2016

Coronation Street Catch Up: the Goodbye Sharif edition

a look back at last week on Canada's Coronation Street.

Dear Yasmeen,
Please accept my sincere apologies for having it off with your best friend over a period of seven years. I should never have had all those legovers with Sonia. My bad. Anyhoo, I'm leaving. No hard feelings. Sorry about the 14,000 pounds I stole from the gym. Best regards to Norris and all on the Street. Don't forget to feed my chickens.
Yours Sincerely,
Sharif

Well, that's about the size of it. Yasmeen has discovered Sharif's... um... indiscretions and lets loose at the engagement party for Zeedan and Rana (awkward). Sharif doesn't hang around but instead leaves town and leaves a pithy letter for Yasmeen. Alya is banished for extorting money from Sharif in exchange for her silence.

With Sharif and the 14,000 pounds gone, Dev has a problem. The gym is in dire straits.

Over at Weatherfield General, Anna tells Kevin to sling his hook. She doesn't want to burden him now that she's an invalid with badly scarred legs.

Maria is in trouble with the police after telling the truth about her fake marriage to Pablo. Worse still, psycho Caz continues to cause mayhem making Maria look like a killer.

Phelonius Phelan convinces Eileen that she's going deaf, Alex lets Gemma takes a shower at Roy's and Michael and Gail decide to renew their vows. 

Now for a few lines from the week that was:

Phelan convinces Eileen that she's going deaf:
"You're gonna have to learn sign language" 
(I can think of one sign for Phelan)


Yasmeen to Alya:
"Sharif isn't the first man to take a mistress"
(certainly not on Coronation Street)


Kev to Anna
"I hate bonfire night" 
(I'm pretty sure Anna's not a fan after her combustion experience)


Yasmeen makes a surprise announcement at the party:
"My husband has been having an affair with that woman"
(more appetizers, anyone?)


Roy to Gemma
"You appear to be wearing my dressing gown"
(nice one, Sherlock)


Michael to Gail:
"Will you do me the honour of marrying me again?"
(It's like Friday the 13th Part Two)


Phelan threatens Michael:
"I hope you've got the paramedics on speed dial"
(right next to the Kebab home delivery number)

***

Well, Corrie Cohorts, so ends another week. We've got the requisite villain (Phelan), the requisite psycho (Caz) and the requisite two timer (Sharif). Now let's get on with it (in the amount of time that Phelan has taken to do his scam, he could have built actual condos). Have a great week and thanks for stopping by. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment