Friday, July 31, 2009

If Blanche kept a diary...

spoiler alert: this post makes reference to the July 30 episode on CBC

Although it has been a banner week for Corrie watchers, I can't help feeling that we're somehow missing the valuable perspective of one Blanche Hunt. If only she had access to a computer, I think her online diary might go something like this...

"Ken has skulked off to the Weatherfield Library to 'get some peace and quiet'. Claims he can't hear himself think while I'm watching 'Britain's Got Talent'. So while he's gone, I'm having a quick go at his computer. Any idea what 'delete all files and reset to factory default means' ? Me neither. It's all gibberish if you ask me but never mind, there's nothing on here except Ken's writing and we already know no-one's interested in that. I've said it before and I'll say it again: he's no Barbra Cartland.

I saw that Tony Gordon this morning wearing a nice bit of tartan. In fact I saw him several times outside Roy's Rolls. By gum. he certainly gets around. It's like he's everywhere. That's the kind of 'get up and go' you need to get ahead in the business world. I keep telling Kenneth he could learn a thing or two from him - instead of pushing grocery carts at Freshco's or making bacon butties for Roy Cropper and his manwife.

Haven't seen Norris around lately. Emily Bishop says he hurt his back. Came as a bit of a surprise to me. Seems to me a back injury implies you have backbone. By all accounts, Norris Cole had his removed after he got married. Besides backache is nought when you've got a Polish hip like mine. If it weren't for the occasional medicinal G &T to dull the pain, I don't know how I'd survive.

Looks like that Fiz Brown ignored my advice about that philandering teacher man of hers. Hope she at least got him doctored or sure as eggs that Thomas will be sniffing around again first chance he gets. Don't say I didn't give fair warning.

Must go. Deirdre is cooking (at least that's what she calls it). Got a nice bit of beef in the oven and she only knows two settings: 'burned' and 'dry enough to choke a camel'. Now, how do you switch this thing off?"

***

Shots from the hip... That's it for the week. Thanks for visiting, thanks for the comments and enjoy the weekend. I'll be back next Tuesday as the fallout from Carla's hen party and Tony's stag continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment